Each year, Smart Growth America makes a limited number of technical assistance workshops available to interested communities for zero cost. This competitive award gives communities a chance to understand the technical aspects of smart growth development through a one- or two-day workshop.
Communities can apply for one of 12 workshop types, including:
- Implementing smart growth 101
- Planning for economic and fiscal health
- Sustainable land use code audit
- Complete Streets
- Using LEED-ND to accelerate the development of sustainable communities
- Walkability workshop/audit
- Regional planning for small communities
- Smart growth zoning codes for small cities
- Transportation performance measurement
- “Cool planning”
- Parking audits
- Implementing transit-oriented development 101
MORPC is available to assist local Central Ohio governments with the application process. Please contact Jennifer Noll or Amelia Costanzo for more information.
DID YOU KNOW: Never miss an insight2050 news update! Subscribe to our RSS Feed by clicking on the button at the bottom of your screen, or by going to www.getinsight2050.org/feed and selecting “Subscribe to this feed.”